You probably know Turmeric as the golden ingredient for your curry powder mix, but it contains a multitude of uses beyond that and a vast array of health benefits.
Turmeric is an active ingredient in many of our products and here’s why.
Benefits of Turmeric.
- It’s an anti-inflammatory
- It can help smooth skin conditions, like eczema and psoriasis
- Boosts your immune system
- It offers strong antioxidant properties
- Supports liver and gallbladder functions
- Protects you from damage caused by free radicals
- Helps to lower cholesterol
- Gives relief for painful joint
So how do you enjoy the wonderful benefits of this powerful root? In the same way as Ginger root, you can grate fresh Turmeric into smoothies and juices, or use it powered to add to foods, drinks and make it into a paste for beauty treatments. Several compounds in turmeric support your health, the key of these being curcumin. There are many medical research projects into the power of curcumin, however, as turmeric is only about 3% curcumin adding it to your weekly curry or sipping it as the occasional tea won’t provide you with the health benefits you need but adding it into your daily diet could see great results.
We love the amazing properties of Turmeric so much, not only did we add it to our Phoenix Balm but we are developing a new supplement blend to provide you with a daily dose of this powerhouse plant.